JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I bought a AEG 49106iu-mn from an auction several months ago

Customer Question

I bought a AEG 49106iu-mn from an auction several months ago I have finally wired it up. All the lights come on the clock is set but I cannot get any part of it to heat up!
Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: A week.
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Hopefully yes.
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not that I can think of.
Expert:  JamesI replied 3 months ago.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

Are hob, oven and grill all effected, and does the fan come on when you select oven?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No thanks
Expert:  JamesI replied 3 months ago.

Ok so fan and lights come on when set to oven, but your not getting heat from the hob or the oven\grill elements.

This would point to multiple parts at fault, since the hob is controlled separately to the oven.

The first thing to do is determine if the elements are getting power, as from what your suggesting you have a fault on the PCB which is around £150 from here, to do this pull the appliance out remove the back panel and test the terminals of the element with a multi meter when oven and grill are set to on, this will show if power is being provided.

Expert:  JamesI replied 2 months ago.

Just wanted to follow up to see if you need anything further or if your happy for me to close the question?

Expert:  JamesI replied 2 months ago.

I havent heard from you in some time, please confirm if I can close the case or if you require any further assistance?