James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Just wondering if you could help me. I have a belling 90e

Hi, just wondering if you could help me. I have a belling 90e induction hob and all five rings won't regulate the temperature. Is this unusual that all five would go at the same time? the heat is the same at setting 1 as it is at setting 8 on all five rings.
JA: Is your Belling hob gas or electric? How old is it?
Customer: electric, and its ten years old exactly
JA: How long has this been going on with your Belling hob? What have you tried so far?
Customer: at least two years or more. I just got used to cooking like that. I can't remember when exactly.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: the little buttons are gone to turn the oven on but i don't think that would effect it and my daughter melted an egg carton on and dug it out with a knife which etched marks into the hob.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there seems to be four 'blue' regulators for the ordinary plates and one 'cream' regulator for the dual plate in the middle of the hob.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

How old is the appliance?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi James, It is ten years old exactly.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i wont talk on the phone James as I have a hearing issue thanks

No problem offer for calls are just adverts you can discard the options for calls

Give me a few mins to look up the spec of this cooker.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the number is###-##-#### Belling Kenninsgton 90e

Thank you will be back with you shortly, typically these models have two separate boards (1 of left and 1 for right cooking zones) so this fault does sound stange, I assume the display looks normally, and the oven compartments are unaffected?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it has five knobs on right hand side and four on the other and the regulators are behind them. the ovens seem to work fine. actually im wondering now if it is just ceramic and not induction. But I remember when I bought it the shop told us to use special saucepans. But the plates come on red when you turn them on so Im not sure if that constitutes induction.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my brother in law is going to try and replace one regulator and see if that works, he's an electrician but even he is perplexed that all five would go and to replace all five would be costly. That's why I said I would come on here and see if you had any other ideas.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry five knobs on left and four on right. the first two on left are the back and front plate, then there is the oven regulator, the oven temp and then the grill On the right hand side, going across, there is the oven temp/on/off for long oven, then the knob for the dual plate in the middle of the hob and the last two are the front and back plates. the buttons to turn on oven are gone they were so finicky so i turn it on using the back end of a match, doubt if this would affect the temperature of the plates.

Understood, looking at the parts diagrams I cant see any parts in common to cause multiple zones to be effected, taking into account the cost of regulators (£30 each), it may be cheaper to look at a fixed price repair such as here or here, as they cover all parts and labour for a pre-agreed up front price.

I can confirm they are all ceramic hot plates (not induction).

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do those options online only James?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry just read it again, sure they would have to call to the house
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
think those options are in england James and not available in Ireland

My mistake I though it said NI on your profile, I do apologise.

In this instance I would contact Belling on 01(###) ###-####/a> as they often have local arrangements in place, and may even be able to offer you discounted parts as your looking to spend 100 euro on parts

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks James, Im just going to do that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks for your help anyhow