JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Bought an immaculate six month old Belling FS50GDOL gas

Customer Question

Hi, bought an immaculate six month old Belling FS50GDOL gas cooker and never used it. Have just sold it on and the purchaser hooked it up and got gas to the oven and grill but there is no gas coming through the hob burners. Any ideas? Regards, Brian
JA: How long has this been going on with your Belling oven? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We only had it a short time and never used it so didn't know of any problems. Our purchaser discovered the problem when it had been installed a couple of days ago
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Expert:  JamesI replied 7 months ago.

Hi Brian, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

Did the gas safe engineer not test the hob, as they should have formally commissioned it as part of building regs, if not I would get them to come back, and look to report them if they refuse.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi again, The purchaser just connected the gas hose to the bayonet connector on the supply. I went to the house to make sure they hadn't done anything daft, which they didn't seem to have, but I wouldn't do anything further because I'm not qualified
Expert:  JamesI replied 7 months ago.

I see, really gas appliances should be properly commissioned to ensure all the safety features are working, since cookers can be damaged in transport.

To confirm you dont have any gas coming to any of the hobs or do you get gas\flame but it does out when you let go of the control knob?

Expert:  JamesI replied 6 months ago.

Ive not heard from you in some time do you still require assistance or happy for me to mark the question as resolved?