Tamar D
Tamar D, Master Tradesman
Experience:  HVAC/Refrigeration & Appliance Tech
17066333

We have a Zanussi condenser dryer which now makes loud

Hi! We have a Zanussi condenser dryer which now makes loud noises when in use - how do we arrange for a repair? It’s out of warranty (we bought it about 5 years ago)
Assistant: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It’s the TC180
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Depends if it’s an easy fix...!
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It sounds as though something loose is rattling within at the back of the appliance

Hi there, my name is*****’ve got over 10 years in the trade and I’ll be glad to help
Please disregard any automated phone request or service requests as they are generated by the website. You do not have to accept phone requests
unless you want that service.
Please bear with my responses, actively working on the job site also.

Hope you are doing well today.
Do you get any flashing lights or error codes? Does the appliance work normally despite the noise?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Tamar, no flashing light or error codes (there’s no digital display at all). It sounds like ballbearings are thudding around or something plus a whirring type noise (sorry not to be more descriptive!). It otherwise works completely fine.
I see. sounds like a motor issue for sure
Do you have a multi meter and is it something you feel comfortable doing yourself?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I’m afraid I don’t have a multi meter. I’d be up for giving it a go if relatively straightforward, but if I’d need to invest in specialised tools then I’d probably be better off just calling someone in to fix it (an electrician or a handyman?)
Right, an appliance repair guy would be your best bet. I can provide you with a parts breakdown with the prices that way if you do decide to call someone you won’t get ripped off
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That would be really helpful thanks.
Give me just a few moments
Here you are https://www.ransomspares.co.uk/parts/brands/zanussi/tumble-dryers/tc180%20(91609025400)/
Hopefully I was helpful, courteous and kind as that is my goal. If you have other questions feel free to ask.
If you don’t mind, please take a second of your time and remember to rate using the stars on the top left, that way I will be credited for answering you. (hopefully I’ve earned 5 stars)We can continue to chat after you rate, and you can ask follow up questions free of chargeThank you and have a blessed day
Tamar