Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

My bosch dishwasher runs for most of the cycle but cuts out

Customer Question

My bosch dishwasher runs for most of the cycle but cuts out near the end with water left at the bottom. I have to cancel the programme and then start it again a few times to empty the water. each time i start it the pump makes three attempts to start, removing a little each time. Its only when this has been done a few times and there is no water left will the pump start properly and run a cycle again. It will then run until near the end again until the same thing happens
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 2 years. smv40gb30c
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if possible. I have had an engineer out twice who said there was a small bit of food in the impeller. It didn't work after he left both times. I had already checked for that anyway
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 9 days ago.
Expert:  JamesI replied 7 days ago.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is***** see you raised the question some time ago, do you still require assistance?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Expert:  JamesI replied 7 days ago.

Ok, if you run a pre-wash\rinse cycle does that complete without incident or do you also see water pooling?