Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I hope indeed if you can help me my mum has a Bosch fridge

Hello I hope indeed if you can help me my mum has a Bosch fridge freezer and it’s built in and so I can’t see the model of it and she wants to defrost the freezer but I also can’t get to the mains plug. She said last time she defrosted it somebody switch it off from something inside the fridge, do you know what that could be please.

The model number should be on a sticker inside the fridge section, So remove the salad drawer in the fridge and see if theres a sticker there with the model number on it and let me know.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hello again there is nothing that actually says model number but it says type KG KIVV34A and it also says KIV32X22GB

Thanks for that thats the model number.

To turn this off all you need to do is go in the fridge and look at the temperture dial and turn it to the 0 position.

This will turn the compressor off and you can defrost it from there.

Then once its defrost turn the dial back to the number setting you had it on thats it.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you but there is no 0 it goes 2 3 4 6 and 8
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
If I turn it down to the 2 it just flashes
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I have just found a switch underneath and if I press it the light goes off and everything else seems to also would that be it and if so is it best to put it in the 3 or 4 when it is switched back on please.

Ok so turn that switch off to defrost it.

And when you turn it back on set it to 3 and it should be fine from there then.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Ok that is excellent, thank you so much for your help.

Your very welcome.