Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

We have a Hotpoint TDC62 condensing dryer which works well -

Customer Question

Hi, we have a Hotpoint TDC62 condensing dryer which works well - or seems to but recently, no water is collecting in the container. Everything seems to be OK - the clothes come out dry but no water and there always used to be . Having read about the machines catching fire - we are concerned . Can you advise
JA: Are you getting any error codes or messages from your Hotpoint dryer? How old is it?
Customer: the machine is only used rarely but is about 18 years old and I haven't noticed any error messages
JA: How long has this been going on with your Hotpoint dryer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: about two months and all we have done is clean the filters and check for water on the floor
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: sometimes, on cotton cupboard dry it will tumble but without any heat. Most times it OK This only seems to happen on Cotton Cupboard dry
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Tamar D replied 7 days ago.
Please read the entire message before respondingHi there, my name is*****’ve got over 10 years in the trade and I’ll be glad to help Please disregard any automated phone request or service requests as they are generated by the website. You do not have to accept phone requests unless you want phone service from me Please bear with my responses, actively working on the job site also. I am human but I will do my best to reply ASAP
Expert:  Tamar D replied 7 days ago.
Hope you are doing well today. Have you checked pipe going into the condensing tray? Sometimes it can become blocked,