Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My machine is not pumping the water out, Bosch Maxx 5

My machine is not pumping the water out
JA: What's the brand and model of your appliance? How old is it?
Customer: Bosch Maxx 5 waa28161gb/09
JA: How long has this been going on with your Bosch appliance? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have replaced brushes in drum motor as were very worn, replaced element as was not heating and drained machine cleaned filter and turned pump impeller by hand
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Spin and rinse leds flash together

If you set the washer going on a spin only cycle do you actually hear the drain pump running?

If not then if you listen carefully at the bottom do you hear a slight humming noise?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Humming noise
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can we text
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Or is it better to ring as i just want to know if it is something i can fix

Ok if theres a humming noise thats the pump trying to run.

Drain the water out from the filter again and look at the pump impeller and check to see if theres anything stuck in there.

If its free then leave the filter out and set it going on a spin/drain again and look in there and see if its spinning.

If not then carefully insert a screw driver in there and give the impeller a push and see if it starts.

If it does then its the drain pump thats faulty and for this the pump will need to be replaced.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thankyou i found something behind the impeller
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It moved with fingers in but i felt something behind which turned out to be a fuse

Nice one, Glad to hear you sorted it and thanks for letting me know.

If you could remember to click the star ratings at the top of the page that would be great.