Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

40+ year old built-in fridge. Heavily iced-up, then when

Customer Question

40+ year old built-in fridge. Heavily iced-up, then when switched on, brought out the circuit breaker. Slight burning smell. Repair or replacement?
JA: What's the brand and model of your fridge?
Customer: Siemens KI 5R 18 1
JA: How long has this been going on with your Siemens refrigerator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: About a week. Haven't tried anything except switching it back on a couple of times.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I can't think of anything.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Tamar D replied 1 month ago.
Please read the entire message before respondingHi there, my name is*****’ve got over 10 years in the trade and I’ll be glad to help Please disregard any automated phone request or service requests as they are generated by the website. You do not have to accept phone requests unless you want phone service from me Please bear with my responses, actively working on the job site also. I am human but I will do my best to reply ASAP
Expert:  Tamar D replied 1 month ago.
Hope you are doing well today. I understand you’re having issues with the fridge. I’ll do my best to point you in the right direction,With that being said , do you know if the cooling or evaporator fan is running in the fridge?