Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Gas cooker specialist
46681511

The igniter stays clicking when the oven is alight - even

The igniter stays clicking when the oven is alight - even though it no longer actually lights the gas. Also the oven does not come up to temperature. Any ideas?
JA: What's the brand and model of your oven? How old is it?
Customer: It's 15 years old. Rangemaster. Don't know model number but it has an additional narrow electric oven and a wok burner
JA: The Appliance Technician can help you find the model number for your oven; I'll connect you shortly. How long has this been going on with your Rangemaster oven? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Started about 4 days ago. All I have tried so far is to eat an uncooked meal ! :-)
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Only that I am ancient and can't crawl around on my knees for too long :-)

It sounds like the ignition electrode has cracked and therefor the spark goes to earth.

If that is the case then the earth path back to the ignitor has also failed and it will not know it is lit.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK Thanks