KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

I have a Bosch Oven Model SCP399x-8 and yesterday evening I

Hi Pearl, I have a Bosch Oven Model SCP399x-8 and yesterday evening I activated the Pyrolysis cycle. Today the green light remains on and the oven door will not open. Any ideas?
JA: Have you tried resetting your Bosch oven by unplugging it for 60 seconds then plugging it back in? How old is it?
Customer: Yes I hvae done that but the green light remains on when I reconnect
JA: How long has this been going on with your Bosch oven? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just since yesterday/this morning. I have read the user manual but can not find anything to help. I am unable to use any function on any setting
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Nothing I can think of apart from the oven was working fine up until I set the cleaning cycle. When I went to put the shelves etc back in this morning the green light was still on and the door would not not open. This is still the case

Welcome to Justanswer … my name is ***** ***** I will help you today!

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your appliance; I know that can be frustrating.

Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please ignore the automated phone call request.

During the pyrolysis cycle, oven heats at higher temperature.

Can you leave it unplugged for around 2-3 hours and then plug it back again.

Let me know if you still see Green light

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Kevin, I will let you know, Terry

Sure, hopefully this will fix the problem.

If you're satisfied with my assistance, your 5-star Rating (from top of this page) at this time is appreciated as that's the only way I get paid for my assistance.

If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask! You won’t be charged any additional fees. Thank You!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Morning Kevin, I left the oven switched off all night but when I switched it back on a bit earlier today the door is still in the Iocked mode. Please advise the next step I should take, thanks Terry.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Any thoughts Kevin? The green light comes back on as soon as I reconnect the electricity supply...

OK, can you please provide its complete model number (starts with E nr)

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Where would I find this? It is and is an integral oven. I have model SCP 399X-8 Serial No###-##-####1

OK, the model and serial number is ***** Smeg Oven not Bosch.

As I told you earlier, the door stays locked for the duration of the process and during the Pyrolytic cycle it heats up at very high temperature.

However, when it ends and if the oven temperature has dropped to a safe level door opens.

However, leaving it unplugged overnight has not helped so it seems door lock is faulty and will need replacement.

The oven door lock assembly is available for £40 + repair charges.

If you are willing to repair it yourself, you will have to unplug it and pull the oven out of its housing.

Then remove the top and back panel to access the door lock, then it can be replaced.

You can contact Smeg at 0330(###) ###-####to book repair.

____________________________________________________________

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Kevin, sorry for the confusion. I will contact SMEG. KRgds, Terry