Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Gas cooker specialist
46681511

Our Currys dishwasher wont start and it sounds like the

Our Currys dishwasher wont start and it sounds like the water is not getting in. The water light is illuminating. Model CDW60W16/A.
JA: Who makes your dishwasher? How old is it?
Customer: IT IS A CURRYS OWN BRAND. AROUND 2 YEARS OLD I THINK.
JA: How long has this been going on with your dishwasher? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Going on around 10 days. Ive switched off, checked the water pressure, checked the filter and added salt but no difference.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Never been totaly happy with it as frequently left undissolved tablet but that seems ok now. Our water is soft so no issues with deposit build-up
Firstly, check it is has a 2 year warranty and you may still be covered.
If not then it could be your filling solenoid and we may have to do some basic electrical checks with a multimeter
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
While I was waiting for your reply I decided to give it another go just for fun and would you believe it it has started however I wonder if there is an intermittent fault with the solenoid. Perhaps we should see how it goes and if it happens again then have a look at it. Is it easy to access the works?
No problem.
It is just under the top cover - 2 screws at the rear of the cover and slides backwards and off.