Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Washing machine tries to start and then stops on any

Washing machine tries to start and then stops on any selection, water in, water out or tumble but wont do any???
JA: How old is your washer? Have you checked if the drain hose is clogged?
Customer: Not sure of age trying to find out from a warranty perspective. the Drain hose did look a little clogged but water passing and heard water passing into the drain...
JA: What have you tried so far with your washer?
Customer: I'm no expert H20 came up first so checked the inlet valve clearance but wasn't sure where the filter is?? Indesit IWDD 7143
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: If on rinse it tries to load water then stops.... if on drain it drains then stops..... if on tumble you cn hear it kick in but then nothing even tries to spin but nothing...

Can you post the make and model number please.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Indesit IWDD 7143

Thanks for that.

If you set the washer on a spin only will the drum turn at all?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Happy with typed responses.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
No, not now... it did initially...

If the drum isnt turning at all then its possibley worn carbon brushes in the motor. This can cause the H20 code to come up as well.

What you need to do if you can is pull the washer out and unplug it.

From there you need to lean the washer backwards against a wall and have some one hold it for you.

Then lie down and look under the washer and there you will see the back of the motor.

There either side are the carbon brushes. You need to remove these and see if they have worn.

If they have then you need to replace them and then fingers crossed this will cure the fault from there for you.

Check that if you can and see what you find and let me know.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
will do, also as the machine is filling on rinse which it now is, there is a ticking noise...…

The ticking noise could be the relay on the control board powering the motor but if its worn brushes then it wont turn.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
So very Thankyou Daniel, all advice given has been fantastic. I'm by no means a repair man but done as informed and the washer is fully operational again. I did watch some online videos about inserting the New brushes but it all came from your great pointers..
ThankYou!!

Nice one, Glad to hear you got it sorted and thanks for letting me know.