Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a grundig GTN27110GW Dryer. Had a problem with the

Customer Question

I have a grundig GTN27110GW Dryer. Had a problem with the dryer for 3 days and can't cure it. It currently runs for approx. 3mins before the water tank full & clean filter lights both come on and the dryer stops. The filter is clean, the water tank is empty and the condenser is clean including the channel from the dryer tub to the condenser. Is there any help you can give me?
JA: What happened just before the light on your dryer came on?
Customer: It runs fine for the 3mins and there is heat coming from the dryer as the cloths are hot. Then the lights come on and stops.
JA: How long has this been going on with your dryer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Since Wednesday. I've cleaned the drum, door, filter, condenser, channel to the condenser and inside the water tank. I've tried running it empty in case I 'd overloaded it.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I can't think of anything else, does it matter which setting I'd used, as I always left it on setting 6, which should have left it running for 2 hours.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

When these dryer stop after a few minutes with them lights lit its usually the pump is either faulty or blocked so the water chamber at the back at the bottom is full of water and is activating the switch in there.

You need to pull the dryer out and unplug it.

Look at the bottom right corner and there you will see the pump chamber were the hoses are going.

You need to open this and remove the pump chamber, Its usually all clipped in there

Remove the pump chamber and mop up the water thats in there.

Once its clear refit the pump unit and retry it and see how it goes.

If it happens again on the next load or the water doesnt collect at the top then the pump is faulty and will need to be replaced.

Check that if you can and see what you find from there.