Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

The fan on my neff double oven doesn’t run until the oven is

Customer Question

The fan on my neff double oven doesn’t run until the oven is up to temperature, once up to temperature it runs fine until the element cuts in again to maintain the temperature. I have also checked the fan is working by just running the fan with heat turned off. Can you offer a reason / solution please. Adrian Grainge
JA: Do you know the model of your Neff oven? How old is it?
Customer: It is about 6 years old, I have several numbers from the plate on the oven.E-Nr U17M42N3GB 103
JA: How long has this been going on with your Neff oven? What have you tried so far?
Customer: it was working when we went on holiday, came back today and found the problem went cooking out tea. I have only check that the fan does work and when it cuts in or out
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I have a couple of other numbers. FD 9310 000104. & H88- DP71-7. I don’t know if that helps
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

The fan on this should come on as soon as you turn the oven on as its controlled by the selector switch on these.

If the fan isnt running till it goes hot then its more then likely the fan itself as they can go stiff over time due to grease build up so when cold may not run till the heat as lossened the grease a bit to get the fan running.

The easyist way to check this is pull the oven out and remove the back panel.

With the power off you need to get a multi meter and attach the probes to the fan motor wires and set to Volts on you meter.

Turn the oven on and set it going and see if you get 230v stright away when it starts it.

If it does then the power supply is fine and the fault is the fan motor itself that will need to be replaced.

Check this and see what you find but for the fault you describe this is nearly always the fan motor thats failed as ive replaced loads of them for this fault.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
When I just turn the fan on with heat off it runs fine but as soon as i turn the heat on it cuts out
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

Ok so you need to check the voltage and see if you loose the voltage when you turn the heat on and if it does then its the switch thats faulty.

As from what you say now were the fan runs fine if you turn it on just fan but goes off when you turn the thermostat on. In this case its a supply fault which is usually the switch so check that if you can and see what you find.