Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have noticed that my rangemaster 110 conventional oven is

Customer Question

I have noticed that my rangemaster 110 conventional oven is hot but the light remains on, but if I drop to 140 it goes off
Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Rangemaster 110, brought it secondhand 18 months ago so not too sure
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Of my husband can If
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The oven appears to be very hot top and bottom
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

When you say the light is on which light do you mean? Is it the little light on the front control panel?

If it is the little light then if you set it to say 200 degrees does it seem to reach that temperture?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No, I had my food cooking in there for over an hour and still wasn't cooked properly. Moved to the fan assisted but to be fair the red light on there was only heating to a certain temperature? So may have an issue with both!
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

Ok so the convection oven uses 2 element, it uses the outer section of the grill element and it uses a base element under the base of the oven.

Now when one of them fails you get the fault were the oven will only reach about 160 degrees as only 1 element will be working.

So for this you need to work out which is the faulty element in there.

But this shouldnt effect the fan setting as if you set it to say 200 degrees it should reach it and the light turn off. Is it doing this on fan setting only?