JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a question on AEG L99691HWD drying is not effective

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I have a question on AEG L99691HWD drying is not effective recently, filters are cleaned, but is there a way to open the condenser and clean it too?
JA: How old is your AEG appliance?
Customer: 1 year
JA: How long has this been going on with your AEG appliance? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Hvae used it for one year, Have cleaned both filters (the lint one and the drain one) but to no effect clothes go out humid, and no lint is collected in the filter anymore
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no lint is collected in the filter anymore, seems strange
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
so, basically want to know - 1. what does it mean when no lint collect in the filter, and 2. is there a way to open the frame in the down left front corner, to the left of the drain filter, as to clean that section too
thank you

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is James and I will help with your query today.

Are you not able to access the condenser from behind the vents at the bottom left?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
thanks James
you mean the condenser is accessible from the back part of the appliance not the front left bottom?

Looking at the technical drawings its not designed to be accessible to the consumer you have to strip the appliance down to access it.

I note you appliance is only a year old it should come with a 2 year warranty, since you have performed all serving\maintenance which is expected of the user but not getting the required performance I would raise a warranty claim with AEG. They will come out and inspect the appliance, my guess is you probably have an issue with the NTC (temp sensor) so the temp isnt being regulated correctly.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I see, thanks, and how about no fluff being collected in the filter? What does it come to
show?

WEll if no fluff is forming that may actually mean the blower isnt working so heat generated but the hat not being circulated with sufficient flow\force, but that said if items are damp you wouldnt generally get fluff as fibres stick together, its only towards the end of the drying cycle do fibres start to come away as they dry out. However in either instance a service visit which should be under warranty should verify all parts (heater, NTC and flower all operational, and replace any parts not working.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
and is there any way to test those parts myself before calling a technician? some diagnostic program? actually there are no error messages shown

There is no diagnostic program to be performed as the the faults are not hard so its not like there is no heat or there is no circulation otherwise you would have a fault code shown up.

If you want to strip the appliance down yourself you could check with a multi meter your getting voltage to the heater, you have continuity across the fan etc.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK, thanks, and is there a way to clean the air flow slots (open the panel and clean inside)

You need to remove the entire front fascia its not designed to come away to be cleaned so would suggest a wipe with a duster is all which should be done, its not suggested this would be required to be cleaned\maintained by the user.

I havent heard from you in some time, do you require any further assistance or are you happy for me to close the question?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thanks James for asking
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Haven't solved the issue
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Trying myself as the appliance is very difficult to access, in a narrow niche
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Think it needs some cleaning as ut almost dries clothes but not completely and takes longer than usual

Let me know how you get on after you clean it.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Hi James, not sure you are the one to contact but saw a blocked amount of around 30 eur which I have not authorized, i just paid the initial consultation fee but not sure what this is about. Thanks
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Guess the initial fee covers the question answered. What is the additional fee about?