Christopher Coleman
Christopher Coleman, Customer Service
Experience:  Owner at Big River Service Center
66637759

I have a frost free Bosch fridge freezer and the fridge is

Customer Question

I have a frost free Bosch fridge freezer and the fridge is freezing things - panel set to +6
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Say 10 years Classixx KGU30604GB/02
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if possible
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: There is no build up of frost behind the panel in the freezer
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 15 days ago.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
willing to wait
Expert:  Christopher Coleman replied 14 days ago.

Hi, my name is Chris an expert here for almost a decade and thank you for using JustAnswer. I am extremely sorry that nobody has answered your question yet.

I just got your question sent to me since it was unanswered.

Once we finish please rate my service 5 stars so I get credit for my time as we are verified expert consultants and not employees. If you don't give 5 stars I don't get credit for my time.

Do you still need assistance?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Not solved yet, but I have realised the floor of the fridge is at minus 2 degree. Food at top is about right temp, but goes to food at 0 deg at the bottom
Expert:  Christopher Coleman replied 13 days ago.

The buildup would not be behind but under the panel as you describe being very cold. You should remove he panel and check for a clogged drain and insure continuity in the defrost element.

Is the fan running?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
yes the fan in the fridge is running ( stops when you open the door). Not sure what you mean about build up. When I took the plastic panel off and then an aluminium one to expose the "radiator "(not sure what proper name is ) it was totally ice free. There was a thin covering of soft ice on a pipe running above it. the drain in the fridge is clear. No water in the bottom of freezer so I presume that is clear also.