JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have an, I have a RB29fwjndsa fridge freezer. The alarm

Customer Question

I have an
JA: What's the brand and model of your product?
Customer: I have a RB29fwjndsa fridge freezer. The alarm has started to go off on a regular basis but stops after beeping about six times over six separate ocassions. We have had the freek
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: We have a RB 29fwjndsa fridge freezer which we love ever since we bought it a few months ago. However it has started to beep ( alarm I presume) on a regular basis . This is only a recent thing and it stops after beeping several times on about six separate occasions.Nothing in the manual to help. Kind regards. Sid Gibson
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Samsung rb29fw
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Switching off and on, altering temperature levels but does not seem to work
Expert:  JamesI replied 13 days ago.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

What temp is the fridge and freezer running at currently.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
The temperatures are -19 and +3c
Expert:  JamesI replied 13 days ago.

Ok this suggests the door sensor may be fault if its alarming as it thinks the door is left open.

The fact the temp is being regulated your not seeing a build up of frost would all point to a faulty contact sensor, especially if the fault reoccurs and no particular pattern.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you - that would seem a logical reason. I assume that I will need the contact sensor replaced? It is still under warranty
Expert:  JamesI replied 13 days ago.

Yes this is a hardware fault, and most likely a faulty contact reed switch, so would be something the warranty team on 0333(###) ###-####/a> can address for you with an engineer visit.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you - I will take this forward now