Christopher Coleman
Christopher Coleman, Customer Service
Experience:  Owner at Big River Service Center
66637759

We believe our Bosch dishwasher is broken. Unfortunately we

Customer Question

We believe our Bosch dishwasher is broken.
JA: Do you know the model of your Bosch dishwasher? How old is it?
Customer: Unfortunately we don't have those details as we think it was installed 10 or so years ago
JA: How long has this been going on with your Bosch dishwasher? What have you tried so far?
Customer: SL15J1B It looks like it is actually stamped on the dishwasher door
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: SGV43E03GB/16
Expert:  Christopher Coleman replied 12 days ago.

Why do you think it is broke? What does it do?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi Christopher, white residue is left on plates and cutlery in the bottom half. There also seems to be a build up of black material at the bottom of the dishwasher. We think it may be something to due with a heating element but we're not sure.

This is mineral buildup and probably calcium and iron. You should run the dishwasher empty for 2 cycles adding CLR in instead of soap. After the 2 runs of CLR put it in a 3rd time and let the machine sit for 3 hours to soak. Then run a rinse only cycle and the white stuff and black should be greatly reduced and you are ready to run dishes again.

If you have any problems or need additional assistance ONCE WE FINISH I would be happy to come back in and the system will notify me if you post again. Otherwise please rate my service 5 stars so I get credit for my time as we are verified expert consultants and not employees. If you don't give 5 stars I don't get credit for my time.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thanks Christopher

You are quite welcome!