JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I own a Bosch MCM41 MCM42 kitchen applicance and I wish to

Customer Question

I own a Bosch MCM41 MCM42 kitchen applicance and I wish to order a drive shaft as the one I have is now splitting and is being held together with some glue! I live in Scotland. Thank you
JA: Do you know the model of your Bosch appliance? How old is it?
Customer: It is a food mixer, juicer etc combined. At the front of the instruction manual is reads MCM41 MCM42. I have owned the appliance for approx 5 / 6 years and it is working perfectly.
JA: Do you know the model of your Bosch mixer?
Customer: The front of the mixer only gives the Bosch name with no model number. The front of the instruction manual reads the numbers I have given previously.
JA: How long has this been going on with your Bosch mixer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The drive shaft cracked about a month ago and I have been holding it together with super glue but I know this won't last indefinitely.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Everything else is working perfectly and I have no other queries about the appliance. I have had a number of Bosch appliances and have found them to be of very good quality.
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 days ago.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

So your after the drive shaft which looks like the one here?

Expert:  JamesI replied 9 days ago.

Please only respond using the text box below, otherwise duplicate questions get raised which is the reason for delay in responding.

The part you require can be sourced here direct from Bosch for around £10. Is there anything else I can assist you with, if not please rate the response provided.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
When I contacted 'just ask' all I wanted to know is where do I buy/obtain a spare part for a Bosch food processor. I was eventually told to pay £5 to become a 'member' and someone would help me - which they did. I now know where to buy the spare part with thanks. I objected to the way this 'membership' was done and would appreciate the membership fee being refunded ASAP. This was a very complicated way of obtaining the information required and very frustrating. Again I would reiterate to please cancel this 'membership' and return the £5. I also assume this method is nothing to do with the Technician - he did point me in the right direction.
Expert:  JamesI replied 8 days ago.

Just Answer is a chargeable service this is made clear when you join, there are options to join a member.

We do not provide free advice, appreciate if you can rate the response provided (where to source the part) using the star rating at the top of this page and I will ask customer service to close your account.