JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I can.t locate the thermostat reset button on my creda

Customer Question

I can.t locate the thermostat reset button on my creda storage heater series 008770 k Can you show it on a diagram or photo please. Thank you
JA: What's the brand and model of your thermostat? How old is it?
Customer: Xls18n 5 years old
JA: How long has this been going on with your thermostat? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just tried to switch on after summer off. Just taken front off to see where reset is.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Just don.t seem able locate reset after looking at on line videos and chats
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 days ago.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is James and I will help with your query today.

What do you mean by reset button, there isnt a reset button on this model...

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Any suggestions
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 days ago.

Start by checking the heating element for continuity and if your getting power out of the control module.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Xls18n series a number 008770 k. Ok,using a voltage detector rather than a circuit tester, with the power switched on, ive got power at the first entry cable block, both sides of the thermal cutout, both thermostat terminals, the copper strips and all three element blocks. What am I missing. Thanks for your help in advance
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I would rather see what you suggest before getting you to call
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Just waiting your thoughts
Expert:  JamesI replied 6 days ago.

Offers for calls are just adverts you can discard them.

So you have 230v at each element?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
That would seem to be the case
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I see that the input knob stem is registering voltage too, as well as the thermostat mounting. Is this ok
Expert:  JamesI replied 6 days ago.

Th stem shouldnt be showing any voltage as that would suggest earth leakage.

The fact your getting power to the element the next thing to do is check the resistance of the elements, and what current is going through them.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Ok, now using a proper tester. 240 volts at the entry block and across the thermal cutout but nothing at thermostat output or any of the elements. So I guess this means a new thermostat . Any other options. Thanmks again
Expert:  JamesI replied 5 days ago.

Yes it sounds like thermostat or control module at fault.