JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

We have oil fired esse century 100 ( 15 years old) regularly

Customer Question

we have oil fired esse century 100 ( 15 years old) regularly serviced but recently boiler /hot water side has started tripping out say once every 2 days for no apparent reason but starts immediately after button reset...any suggestions asto cause and fix...all normal servicing done within last 3 weeks and was an issue prior to service
JA: Are you getting any error codes or blinking lights on your boiler?
Customer: no
JA: How long has this been going on with your boiler? What have you tried so far?
Customer: last few months...enginer cleaned and serviced...not aware any parts replaced except perhaps jets
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: only our regular engineer is stumped as to why
Expert:  JamesI replied 7 months ago.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

Where are you seeing water dripping, is it on the overflow\pressure release?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No water dripping.... boiler TRippng out for no apparent reason
Expert:  JamesI replied 7 months ago.

Ok so its faulting and needing the reset button pushed or tripping the fuse?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Tripping not dripping
Expert:  JamesI replied 7 months ago.

What do you mean by tripping, is it going into a lock out and need reset, flowing \ tripping a fuse?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Boiler/heating stops...reset red button lights up... push it boiler restarts
Expert:  JamesI replied 7 months ago.

Ok the lock out feature is activated for a range of responses, most likely it will be a faulty sensor.

When the engineer attended did they check the NTC as if the water is detected as overheating that would cause this fault?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Don’t know... he’s coming back Wednesday so will ask him... thank you
Expert:  JamesI replied 6 months ago.

Just wanted to follow up to see if there is anything else I can assist you with or if your happy for me to close the question?

Expert:  JamesI replied 6 months ago.

Do you require any further assistance, or are you happy for me to close the case?

Expert:  JamesI replied 5 months ago.

Please confirm I can close the case, or let me know if you need anything further.

Expert:  JamesI replied 4 months ago.

I havent heard from you in some time is there anything else I can assist you with or are you happy for me to close the question?

Expert:  JamesI replied 4 months ago.

Just wanted to follow up to see if you need anything further or happy for me to close the question?