JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have just brought a 40 inch Toshiba tv and cannot actually

Customer Question

I have just brought a 40 inch Toshiba tv and cannot actually turn it off only to standbyou am I missing something, I have read instructions but cannot seem to actually turn it off I'm not a great fan of leaving it on standby can you help please
JA: Do you know the model of your Toshiba appliance? How old is it?
Customer: Yes it's a [email protected] thanks
JA: How long has this been going on with your Toshiba appliance? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Everything pressing the standby button in, you must be able somehow
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It's brand new brought it friday
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 days ago.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is James and I will help with your query today.

The TV is not designed to be switched off on the TV, as alot of TV's are in effective mini computers so they have capability of recording programs and updating when on stanby.

Expert:  JamesI replied 10 days ago.

To turn the TV off, you would switch it off at the wall.

Please let me know if you need anything clarified.