JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

My Panasonic fridge freezer NR-B53V1 display panel is

Customer Question

my Panasonic fridge freezer NR-B53V1 display panel is flashing at the wrong setting. When I try to reset it at the correct setting it will not set and after a few seconds reverts back to the incorrect one?
JA: How long have you had your NR-B53V1?
Customer: about 4 years now
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: using the manual resetting it, but will not stop on the setting it should display at. The fridge setting I get right, then the freezer setting is right I then go to confirm on the middle button but it just keeps flashing then reverts nack to 8 degrees fridge & -24 degrees freezer. I can alter the pre-set message option and they lock in so they work fine, like 5 degrees cooler box, eco, holiday mode etc.
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 8 days ago.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I've paid for it so would like an answer please?
Expert:  JamesI replied 8 days ago.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

What symbols are currently showing on the display?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Its showing degrees on fridges and minus 24 degrees on freezer. When I press the reset button too 3 degrees on fridge and minus 20 on the freezer it will not lock in when I press again to set. After a few seconds it reverts back to the first readings and just flashes.
Have read the user manual but still get the same outcome.
Expert:  JamesI replied 8 days ago.

Ok this sounds like a faulty PCB then if its not letting you store the temp, I cant see any other fault which would cause this symptom.

A new PCB can be sourced here for around £500. based on the cost of the part its probably cheaper to get a fixed price repair here.