JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

The roller on my Dyson DC59 Animal will not turn in spite of

Customer Question

The roller on my Dyson DC59 Animal will not turn in spite of having taken it out to clean it. The suction is working but roller not turning. I have also washed and dried the filter. Please advise. I bought this model from ***** ***** in December 2014.
JA: How old is your Dyson vacuum?
Customer: I bought it in December 2014
JA: How long has this been going on with your Dyson vacuum? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have stated in my first message that I have taken the roller out and cleaned it and washed and dried the filter. I experienced the problem today for the first time.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Expert:  JamesI replied 8 days ago.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is James and I will help with your query today.

The floor head doesnt turn with suction its a motorised tool, so if its not turning its likely the motor has failed in the head.

If you use the mini head does that work, as it will prove the wand contacts or main body is no the issue?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hi, the mini head does work.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I wonder what to do next?
Expert:  JamesI replied 8 days ago.

That means the floor head is faulty, these arent really repairable at a component level, so its a case of replacement.

Some of the Dyson models came with 5 year warranty which included tools, so would give them a call on 0800-298-0298 to see if they will send a replacement free of charge.

When you call Dyson give them the serial number (which should be on the battery), if they cant assist let me know and can advise of options to replacing it.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Ok thank you for your help. I do feel, however, that Dyson should have given me this advice and saved me £5 joining Just Answers. Anyway, thank you for the advice.