Tamar D
Tamar D, Master Tradesman
Experience:  HVAC/Refrigeration & Appliance Tech
17066333

My dyson V 6 doesn’t hold a charge. Where would the model

Customer Question

My dyson V 6 doesn’t hold a charge.
JA: Do you know the model of your Dyson vacuum? How old is it?
Customer: Where would the model no. be? We bought it in August 2017.
JA: How long has this been going on with your Dyson vacuum? What have you tried so far?
Customer: About a Month. I’ve cleaned the filter, kept the machine emptied.
JA: Do you know the model of your Dyson vacuum?
Customer: Where would I look. On the handle there’s a sticker 12700. Any good?
JA: The Appliance Technician can help you find the model number for your vacuum; I'll connect you shortly. How long has this been going on with your Dyson vacuum? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Say, 4 weeks.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: A few weeks. The blue light comes on and stays on and the vacuum dies after about a minute of use. The plug works on other appliances.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Tamar D replied 13 days ago.
Please read the entire message before responding

Hi there, my name is Tamar, I’ve got over 10 years in the trade and I’ll be glad to help Please disregard any automated phone request or service requests as they are generated by the website. You do not have to accept phone requests unless you want phone service from me Please bear with my responses, actively working on the job site also. I am human but I will do my best to reply ASAP
Expert:  Tamar D replied 13 days ago.
I hope you are doing well today, in most cases this occurs when the battery has gone bad, but there can also be a problem with the vac or charger, the best way to rule this out is by having the battery tester (voltage checked and load tested)

There are a few things to check first though:
1. Make sure the vac is not on “max” when starting. (Max shouldn’t be used all the time)

2. If max is not enabled, you can try this trick;
unplug the charger from the wall. Plug it in again. Attach your Dyson and press the trigger (on button) for around 20 seconds (nothing will happen, just keep it pressed). Then try to use the vac normally
Expert:  Tamar D replied 13 days ago.
Battery tested*
Expert:  Tamar D replied 13 days ago.
Hopefully I was helpful, courteous and kind as that is my goal. If you have other questions feel free to ask.
If you don’t mind, please take a second of your time and remember to rate using the stars on the top left, that way I will be credited for answering you. (hopefully I’ve earned 5 stars)

We can continue to chat after you rate, and you can ask follow up questions free of charge

Thank you and have a blessed day
Tamar
Expert:  Tamar D replied 11 days ago.

Is everything okay? I never heard back so I wanted to check if you had other questions.

If you had another question, feel free to ask it now and ill do my best to reply asap
Otherwise, All I ask is that you take just a few seconds and remember to rate the question postively with the stars on the top left.
Hopefully I earned 5 stars today =). That way JustAnswer will credit me as the expert for answering your question
You can ask a follow up question after rating my services in the same box free of charge with no time constraints
Thanks & have a blessed day
- Tamar