Tamar D
Tamar D, Master Tradesman
Experience:  HVAC/Refrigeration & Appliance Tech
17066333

My freezer has suddenly stoped working. The fridge is ok

Customer Question

Hi, My freezer has suddenly stoped working. The fridge is ok though
JA: What's the brand and model of your product?
Customer: Samsung Model RF56J9040 SR/EU
JA: What have you tried so far with your Samsung product?
Customer: Switch off and then switch on again
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Haven’t got a response yet
Expert:  Tamar D replied 17 days ago.
Please read the entire message before responding

Hi there, my name is Tamar, I’ve got over 10 years in the trade and I’ll be glad to help Please disregard any automated phone request or service requests as they are generated by the website. You do not have to accept phone requests unless you want phone service from me Please bear with my responses, actively working on the job site also. I am human but I will do my best to reply ASAP
Expert:  Tamar D replied 17 days ago.
I hope you’re doing well today.
Expert:  Tamar D replied 17 days ago.
Do you notice any excess frost build up in the freezer compartment?
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
No
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I just realised that left half of freezer is significantly colder than right half
Expert:  Tamar D replied 17 days ago.
Hmm. Now that could be a hint as to what’s going on.

Can you feel airflow from the fan?
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Where should I check it?
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
The airflow is present on left side but not on right
Expert:  Tamar D replied 17 days ago.
Hmm, it could be that half of the evaporator coil is frozen (due to bad defrost component, low Freon)
Expert:  Tamar D replied 17 days ago.
Verify if you can that the fan Is running, then if you feel comfortable can you take the panel off that covers the evaporator coil? That way you can see if it’s frozen or not
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I don’t feel comfortable to take the panel off
Expert:  Tamar D replied 17 days ago.
There’s one other thing we could do
Expert:  Tamar D replied 17 days ago.
Do you feel comfortable defrosting the appliance? If you return it to service and it works normally for some time then you know there’s a defrost issue
Expert:  Tamar D replied 17 days ago.
If it doesn’t, then you know the issue will be more complex of a problem, in either case we’d need a multimeter to narrow it down further

Hopefully I was helpful, courteous and kind as that is my goal. If you have other questions feel free to ask.
If you don’t mind, please take a second of your time and remember to rate using the stars on the top left, that way I will be credited for answering you. (hopefully I’ve earned 5 stars)

We can continue to chat after you rate, and you can ask follow up questions free of charge

Thank you and have a blessed day
Tamar
Expert:  Tamar D replied 14 days ago.

Is everything okay? I never heard back so I wanted to check if you had other questions.

If you had another question, feel free to ask it now and ill do my best to reply asap
Otherwise, All I ask is that you take just a few seconds and remember to rate the question postively with the stars on the top left.
Hopefully I earned 5 stars today =). That way JustAnswer will credit me as the expert for answering your question
You can ask a follow up question after rating my services in the same box free of charge with no time constraints
Thanks & have a blessed day
- Tamar