JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

My Bosch dishwasher model SMV53A00GB/07 is switching off

My Bosch dishwasher model SMV53A00GB/07 is switching off after a few seconds. It will only restart if power is switched off for a period and then same thing happens. I have tried 3 second reset but makes no difference.
JA: Are there any error codes or blinking lights on your Bosch dishwasher? How old is it?
Customer: There are no error codes, it is about 7 years old but occasional used
JA: How long has this been going on with your Bosch dishwasher? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just started yesterday, I put it on but on delay to come on at night but when I checked it before it was due to start display was off and I could'nt restart it
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: When I leave it switched off for a while it restarts and seems to be starting but after a short period it completely switches off

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

What lights show on the display before it switches off?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
The Auto light is on and display shows 2:40, when the start button is pressed and door is shut the dishwasher starts cycle but stops after a few seconds
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I would prefer to know if this is easily rectified
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Is this a con

No its just not an immediate service thats why your able to get assistance for a low price.

I will come back to you shortly.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Okay will wait for your reply

From what your saying it sounds like it could be the PCB, however when it stops and you open the door your have no sign of life?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
That's correct, totally dead when I open door

Ok then I would say its one of two faults.

1. The drain pump is shorting or causing a surge and the PCB goes into a fault state

2. The PCB has a fault and goes into a fault state.

Easiest way to verify the fault is disconnect the drain pump run a cycle and see if the fault is still present.