Tamar D
Tamar D, Master Tradesman
Experience:  HVAC/Refrigeration & Appliance Tech
17066333

I have a smeg dishwasher and the door has locked and I

Customer Question

I have a smeg dishwasher and the door has locked and I cannot open . It is enclosed so I cannot see the model or serial number. all I have is a instructional manual which has a number DI607 3NH-1 Any ideas how to unlock it
JA: Do you know the model of your Smeg dishwasher? How old is it?
Customer: The only ref I have is the one above, I have a instruction manual that’s all I think in is about 5 years old it
JA: How long has this been going on with your Smeg dishwasher? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just today with lots of pots in I turned it on set the program and shut the door. No light appeared and no sound. I let it a second and tried to open no joy. I tried also turning the power off no joy
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No if there is no other unlockmechism them I will need an engineer
Expert:  Tamar D replied 12 days ago.
Please read the entire message before responding

Hi there, my name is Tamar, I’ve got over 10 years in the trade and I’ll be glad to help Please disregard any automated phone request or service requests as they are generated by the website. You do not have to accept phone requests unless you want phone service from me Please bear with my responses, actively working on the job site also. I am human but I will do my best to reply ASAP
Expert:  Tamar D replied 12 days ago.
Hope you are doing well. If I am not mistaken smegs are all fairly the same.

Disconnect from the power.
Remove the lid, normally held at the rear with screws.
On the front of the machine you should see the fixing for the "tongue" that locks into the lock mechanism. Undo this and the door should release. You can then see which part has actually failed, causing this problem
Expert:  Tamar D replied 12 days ago.
Let me know what you find or if you have other questions.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Tamara I will not be able to do that as it is enclosed in a unit , I think I need someone to come and sortit
Expert:  Tamar D replied 12 days ago.
I see. You don’t feel comfortable pulling th e unit put?
Expert:  Tamar D replied 12 days ago.
Pulling it out*
Expert:  Tamar D replied 12 days ago.
Sorry about that, hopefully I helped in narrowing it down.