Tamar D
Tamar D, Master Tradesman
Experience:  HVAC/Refrigeration & Appliance Tech
17066333

Dear Perl, Dear. Perl we have a beko upright freezer model

Customer Question

Dear Perl
JA: What's the brand and model of your appliance? How old is it?
Customer: Dear. Perl we have a beko upright freezer model no FXFP154W. Recently it started to make a rhythmic ticking sound from the back and all temp and other lights are flashing plus not freezing. Can you help? Nigel Moore
JA: How long has this been going on with your Beko freezer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Started Sunday. We have taken every thing out into our other freezer and switched it off for 24 hours. Now it doesn’t tick bur lights still flashing regularly
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Nothing comes to mind
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Where are you?
Expert:  oleksandrav-mod replied 15 days ago.

Oleksandra-Moderator
Expert:  Tamar D replied 15 days ago.
Please read the entire message before responding

Hi there, my name is Tamar, I’ve got over 10 years in the trade and I’ll be glad to help Please disregard any automated phone request or service requests as they are generated by the website. You do not have to accept phone requests unless you want phone service from me Please bear with my responses, actively working on the job site also. I am human but I will do my best to reply ASAP
Expert:  Tamar D replied 15 days ago.
Hope you are doing well today. How often does the ticking occur? Is it a quick click click click or does it only do this every couple of minutes?

Are the freezer and fridge at room temp currently?
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thanks Tamar
Don’t worry being a new thing I wasn’t sure if I’d done the right thing.
It’s stopped clicking now and lights no longer flashing so nothing happening and not running
Nigel Moore
Expert:  Tamar D replied 15 days ago.
No problem. So now nothing at all is working?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Correct.
Expert:  Tamar D replied 13 days ago.

so the compressor is either not turning on, or it's running but out of refrigerant.
can you tell if the compressor is running?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Tamar
I have checked the fuse and it was blown.
Replaced and now freezer seems to be working normally
No idea why it would do that. Or how long it will be normal. Only thing to say is the plug is in an adapter with another freezer and and not straight into socket.
Nigel Moore
Expert:  Tamar D replied 12 days ago.

if there are multiple appliances on one circuit it's possible that could be why