Tamar D
Tamar D, Master Tradesman
Experience:  HVAC/Refrigeration & Appliance Tech
17066333

My candy tumble drier does not rotate and rattles. It is

Customer Question

My candy tumble drier does not rotate and rattles. It is blowing hot air. I have emptied water tank.
JA: What's the brand and model of your dryer? How old is it?
Customer: CC230X Mod No(###) ###-####9916 0048 19.5 years old
JA: How long has this been going on with your dryer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just gone wrong. Emptied water tank. left to cool off. re-tried same problem
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No thanks
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
How are you progressing?
Expert:  Tamar D replied 6 months ago.
Please read the entire message before respondingHi there, my name is*****’ve got over 10 years in the trade and I’ll be glad to help Please disregard any automated phone request or service requests as they are generated by the website. You do not have to accept phone requests unless you want phone service from me Please bear with my responses, actively working on the job site also. I am human but I will do my best to reply ASAP
Expert:  Tamar D replied 6 months ago.
Hello, hope you are doing well today. Is this a condensing dryer?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  Tamar D replied 6 months ago.
Okay. There’s no need to call unless you want that service. JustAnswrr will charge more for that service. If you do want that service another tech can call and I’ll continue to help via textOtherwise I’ll just keep with texting
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Please can you help
Expert:  Tamar D replied 6 months ago.
I can through text
Expert:  Tamar D replied 6 months ago.
Are there any flashing lights or error codes? Also do you have a multimeter
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
sorry my phone was on silent please call again
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
no flashing lights or error codes. No multimeter
Expert:  Tamar D replied 6 months ago.
Hmm ok, it will be hard to diagnose accurately without a meter.But I’ll do my best to point you in the right direction
Expert:  Tamar D replied 6 months ago.
Ideally what we would want to do is check if voltage is going to the motor that rotates the drum.
If voltage is there this indicates an issue with the drum motor. If the motor has a capacitor it may be bad, if not then it may be that the motor itself is bad
Expert:  Tamar D replied 6 months ago.
All the parts for your machine can be bought here:
https://www.ransomspares.co.uk/parts/brands/candy/tumble-dryers/cc230%20x/?p=2
Expert:  Tamar D replied 6 months ago.

Is everything okay? I never heard back so I wanted to check if you had other questions.

If you had another question, feel free to ask it now and ill do my best to reply asap
Otherwise, All I ask is that you take just a few seconds and remember to rate the question postively with the stars on the top left.
Hopefully I earned 5 stars today =). That way JustAnswer will credit me as the expert for answering your question
You can ask a follow up question after rating my services in the same box free of charge with no time constraints
Thanks & have a blessed day
- Tamar