KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

Our Electrolux hob will not start. When turned on, all

Customer Question

Hi, our Electrolux hob will not start. When turned on, all lights will flash (temp says 18, then the centre displays two numbers) then it will turn off.
Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Electrolux is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: We have just moved house, so hard to say how old it is. It’s got kIU8 in the top right corner
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, if simple
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: numbers in the middle say 26, then 17, then it turns off
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 12 days ago.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Please keep searching for the right professional
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 12 days ago.

Welcome to Justanswer … my name is ***** ***** I will help you today!

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your appliance; I know that can be frustrating.

Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please ignore the automated phone call request.

If you ask a follow‑up question and I do not respond immediately, it is because I am temporarily unavailable. I promise to respond as soon as I return.

Is it completely dead now or it still flashes when turned on?

Have you seen any error codes ?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Can’t see any error codes, it happens every time we turn it on, last for a few seconds

all lights will flash (temp says 18, then the centre displays two numbers)

What numbers are displayed ?

Also, what pans are you using on the hob ?

Induction hobs only work with stainless steel pans as the work of magnets inside the hob

Can you try to find its complete model number please ?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I don’t believe it’s an issue with the pans, it was always working fine then suddenly it’s not. I’m guessing something electrical (may have turned it off at the mains and reset something). I can’t fine the complete model number unfortunately, I can send a picture if that helps?

When we turn it on, it will light up the left of 4 job displays (all light, including temp 18) then that will go and the second will light up, then third, then fourth. Then in the middle, the number 26 will flash, then 17, then it’ll turn off. This will happen every time we turn it on. It did temporarily work fine then turn itself off again

Well from what you have described this appears to be faulty control board that will need replacement.

The cost of repair will be around £180 including repair charges.

If you're satisfied with my assistance, your 5-star Rating (from top of this page) at this time is appreciated as that's the only way I get paid for my assistance.

If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask! You won’t be charged any additional fees. Thank You!

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Do you know if this is easy to replace without getting a professional in?
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 8 days ago.

You will have to remove the hob, then access the board underneath and then replace it

Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 6 days ago.

Hi there, did that help ?

Have I answered your question?

I still see the question is open so, wanted to check if all is good ?

_____________________________________________________________________

If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction,

I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!) at the top of the screen.

Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you.

If you have any follow-up or clarification questions.

Please ask me as many questions as you need.

There is no additional fee.