KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

My Zanussi ZOP37902 oven has started intermittently

My Zanussi ZOP37902 oven has started intermittently switching itself on for a few seconds !!! this is very disconcerting and means for safety i feel i have to switch the power supply off when it's not in use. It seems to happen after the oven has been on for a while eg after I've cooked a roast or done a lot of baking.and been switched off for 20 minutes or so. Help! I feel i'v got gremlins in the oven !!
JA: Is your Zanussi oven gas or electric? How old is it?
Customer: it is electric , It was installed in May 2016
JA: How long has this been going on with your Zanussi oven? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It has been happening for a few months now. Initially we wondered if it was anything to do with needing cleaning but even after cleaning it still happens.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Don't think so.

Welcome to Justanswer … my name is Kevin and I will help you today!

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your appliance; I know that can be frustrating.

Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please ignore the automated phone call request.

If you ask a follow‑up question and I do not respond immediately, it is because I am temporarily unavailable. I promise to respond as soon as I return.

When in use it works perfectly fine?

No overheating or not heating issues ?

For how much longer does it run after turning itself on ?

Have you seen any flashing lights/error codes ?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
It's working well when in use. When switches itself on it stays on for about 10 to 20 seconds. When power is switched back on at mains it flashes FO41 then PO 26 for short time only.

Error Code: FO41 indicates oven motorized latch will not lock; defective or jammed upper (or single) oven door or latch switches;

Defective latch motor or its wiring or the control board itself if faulty.

As it works well when in use you will have to check the connectors on power board and ensure door latch is operating properly.

Also check that neither latch switch nor common wires are pinched to the appliance chassis.

Let me know how it goes.

____________________________________________________________

If you're satisfied with my assistance, your 5-star Rating (from top of this page) at this time is appreciated as that's the only way I get paid for my assistance.

If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask! You won’t be charged any additional fees. Thank You!