JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a SAMSUNG Dual Cook NV75J5540RS Electric Oven which

I have a SAMSUNG Dual Cook NV75J5540RS Electric Oven which has just lapsed its warranty. Unfortunately, the upper fan oven and upper grill have stopped working. I am having to rely on the lower fan oven only.I am looking to replace the parts for it myself. For the upper fan oven, the fan doesn't turn, and no heating is produced. The problem with samsung oven heating element is that you need to take the whole oven down and open from back to replace the element. Before I undertake it, I would like to make sure I have what i need.I need a the oven heating element. what else am I likely to need to buy/replace for the fan oven. Is there a part i need to buy for the fat itself? or may replacing the oven element let the fan work again (i.e. are they linked in the same circuit?)Also, do you know where i can buy the parts needed (heating element/fan)?Thanks
Oleksandra-Moderator
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm happy to wait a few days. Not in a rush. Many thanks.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

When you turn on the top oven do you see the cool for heat light on, and does the top oven light come on?

I havent heard from you in some time, do you require any further assistance?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Jamesl,
Sorry for the delay in replying. but i didnt fully understand you question...I tried testing it again. When i turn the top half of the oven on, the fan oven and oven heating eliment isnt working. However, strangely enough, the grill switches on instead. As you can see from the options in this oven, the Grill at the top of the oven shouldn't switch one when selecting the first option (oven only). It should only come one with the fan oven when selecting the third option (logo with fan and line at top) or one it's own when selecting the 9th option (logo with wiggly line at top).The square logo just above the temperature (100 C) indicates that the set temperature has not yet been reached. It switches off when it is reached.When i remove the middle divider and turn the oven to the mode of using it all as one - you can see than only the bottom fan is working/producing heat. The top stays off.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I suspect the top oven heating element needs replaced. But do i also need to replace the fan as well? Also, would it likely resolve the issue with the grill switching on instead of the oven?

Hi this doesnt sound like an element fault I think you have a faulty function selector switch, as this controls which components get power.

So if the grill is coming on when it shouldnt this points to a fault with the selector switch, and mot likely is also stopping power going to the fan and oven element.

How old is the oven?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
just over 2 years old. Fairly new samsung model
The top oven doesnt come on on any of the options.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
as you see from the images i sent, the funtion selector is an electronic one. it is not an old physical dial.
Are you suggesting the whole electronic component of the oven is faulty?

Yes I have looked at the image, and yes it sounds like there is a hardware fault on function selector switch which forms part of the front PCB.

Taking into account its a relatively new oven it is worth repair but I would opt for a fixed price repair as the parts will be in excess of £100.

Such plans can be found here.

Is there anything else I can assist you with?

I havent heard from you in some time please confirm if I can close the question if you need anything further

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Many thanks for your help. I asked teamknowhow to come fix it like you suggested. The guy came yesterday and inspected the oven elements. Says the problem is with the main PCB board like you suspected. Unfortunately however, this part is discontinued, and he did not find a spare PCB board with the suppliers he uses, so refunding me the fees.If you know another supplier elsewhere in the world that has this part would be great and much appreciated.
Otherwise, you can close this question and many thanks again for your help.

Samsung parts are shown here, some of the PCB's are available I assume the part is number DE92-03751C which is showing obsolete.

Based on this I imagine it will be an uneconomical repair, main firms such as eSpares, Ransom, and BuySpares also do not have stock of the item which rules out an independent repair.

JamesI, Handyman
Experience: I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.