Tamar D
Tamar D, Master Tradesman
Experience:  HVAC/Refrigeration & Appliance Tech
17066333

The grill element in the left hand oven is not fully

The grill element in the left hand oven is not fully operating. Only the inner of the two elements is heating. Do I need a new element?
JA: What's the brand and model of your oven? How old is it?
Customer: Rangemaster Toledo XT age about 12 years
JA: How long has this been going on with your Rangemaster oven? What have you tried so far?
Customer: About one month. I have not tried any remedy
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I cannot think of anything. I am assuming if a new element is required that it will be relatively simple to change over
Please read the entire message before responding

Hi there, my name is Tamar, I’ve got over 10 years in the trade and I’ll be glad to help Please disregard any automated phone request or service requests as they are generated by the website. You do not have to accept phone requests unless you want phone service from me Please bear with my responses, actively working on the job site also. I am human but I will do my best to reply ASAP
Hope you’re doing well today.
The grill element isn’t hard to change, on each end it has spade like terminals that slide into the female slots. If I’m not mistaken the grill element is 1150 watts.

Does it look like this?
(See attached photo)
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Yes, that is the inner element which is working. There is a second element which is square but does not appear to be getting hot
Hmm, can you send a photo?
Is this the one you’re referring to?
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
No need to continue. I have now realised that there are two elements, one for the grill and one for theoven itself. Thank you for your help