JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Bought a Neff oven fan/motor. Oven is U1422ng08. electric

Bought a Neff oven fan/motor. Oven is U1422ng08.
JA: Is your Neff oven gas or electric? How old is it?
Customer: electric bout 10y old. got the nut off the fan but the fan wont come off the spindle
JA: How long has this been going on with your Neff oven? What have you tried so far?
Customer: fan been making a noise for a few days. my intenmtion is to replace motor
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: found help on u-tube, but no suggestion that taking fan off spindle would be a problem. nothing else

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is James and I will help with your query today.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi james

Its likely you have grease and debris baked on to the spindle which is causing it to be stuck on.

Best to start with using some penertrating oil such as WD40, and give the fan a it tug and a tap to free it.

If that doesnt work next you can use a blow lamp to head it up in hope it may expand and pop off.

However as the blades are sharp its just a case of using force combined with care not to damage your hands or the shape of the fan.

Please let me know if you still require a call, happy to call but dont think I can add much more than the baove.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Cancel call for now. I will try your written advice. Thanks

No problem, let me know how you get on with the advice above.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
James and I agreed to cancel call until I try his written advice, but u have still charged me £16. I hope not. FYI I have successfully removed fan. Thanks James

Great glad that has now worked. You shouldnt be charged for the call.

I have marked it as not required, if for any reason you have drop customer service a call and they can sort it out for you.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Btw, I used a cooking blow lamp and two pair of pliers on the fan blades. ��