JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Hotpoint Ariston NATIS 926 DD, Hotpoint Ariston Natis 926 dd

Customer Question

Hotpoint Ariston NATIS 926 DD
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Hotpoint is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Hotpoint Ariston Natis 926 dd about 2 years old. Have been having intermittent F05 errors - now stopped with drum half full of water - drain pump is running and water does not run out when filter is removed - does this suggest a blockage somewhere in the sump ?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes - I hope to
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: just an opinion on whether the blockage is likely to be in the sump, since water does not drain when the filter is removed
Expert:  JamesI replied 8 days ago.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is James and I will help with your query today.

Did the appliance stop mid cycle with the F05 error previously?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Yes it did but it was possible to empty the drum using the drain /spin cycle - not this time
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
to get to the point, the drum is now full of water but nothing drains out when I remove the filter on the front of the machine. I can see / feel the pump impellor spinning, which makes me think there must be a blockage stopping any flow down to the pump - does that make sense ?
Expert:  JamesI replied 7 days ago.

So when you removed the filter are you still seeing water in the drum, or does the water drain out on to the floor when you remove the filter?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
N0 - as I said in my last message, nothing drains out when I remove the filter and the drum remains full of water
Expert:  JamesI replied 7 days ago.

Ok so then it suggests there is a blockage between the sump and the drain filter, you first need to drain the water, easiest thing I would think is to remove the element to the rear which is located in the sump.

Then put a wire or other item through the filter inlet should be located towards the front around 2 o'clock position, and see if you can rod through the debirs. failing that its taking the filter housing out, removing the hose to the sump and then inspecting the hose and sump.