JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

My heating has failed. my hive thermostat says no signal, it

my heating has failed. my hive thermostat says no signal
JA: What's the brand and model of your thermostat? How old is it?
Customer: it is a hive thermostat about two years old
JA: How long has this been going on with your thermostat? What have you tried so far?
Customer: happened this evening.cannot access boiler,have just tried to use thermostat but no signal
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: i don't know, sorry
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
i am unable to send photos.my thermostat is a class1temperature control
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
are you able to help?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

So you have the wired hive stat or wireless one, what is shown on the thermostat currently?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
it shows the room temperature when I press the central knob and shows no signal

Do you know if this is wireless as sounds like the thermostat may be wireless and not paired with your wifi.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
No thank you, ***** ***** is difficult for me
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I think it is wireless but it has been adjusted to fit my wifi when it was set up

No problem, remove the thermostat from the wall plate wait 30 seconds then reconnect it.

It should say searching when it does put the hub in pairing mode by pressing and holding the button on the rear for 5 seconds.

Wait a further two minutes and the thermostat should pair back tot he hub.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
i do not have a wall plate.Ihave three buttons on the front and a large central button which is turned to alter required temperature. i have pressed each of the buttons in turn for 5secs approx but still get words no signal

Right the button on the hub by the boiler is what you have to press to put it into pairing.

The thermostat, should be connected to the mains normally this would be via a wall plate but if its not remove the battery or power supply for 30 seconds then plug it back in\refit the battery.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
James, Ithink you have done it.! removing and replacing the batteries has brought up the heat boost as normal.thank you!

Great glad its paired, make sure boiler comes on when you turn the stat up and goes offer within a couple of mins of turning it back down.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you so much, James. Good night.

Please rate the response provided using the star rating at the top of this page so I may close the question.