Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a CDA SK510 single oven. I can not turn off the

Customer Question

I have a CDA SK510 single oven. I can not turn off the memory function which I accidentally applied whilst attempting to reset the clock. I have tried turning the power off but it always returns to the remembered function!
JA: Is your oven gas or electric? How old is it?
Customer: It is electric & 3 years old
JA: How long has this been going on with your oven? What have you tried so far?
Customer: About a week. Have tried resetting the programmer to one a want to use without success. As mentioned I tried turning the power off for a short time & for several hours - no joy!
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The instruction booklet states how to turn the memory function on but not how to turn it off. There is a note 'if a new setting is saved into memory it automatically replaces the previous not in there' I have not accomplished this & do not wish to use the memory function at all.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 12 days ago.

Expert:  JamesI replied 12 days ago.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is James I see you raised the question some time ago do you still require assistance?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi Nicola,
YES PLEASE! If I had the strength I'd throw the thing down the garden!
Best wishes
Vivienne
Expert:  JamesI replied 12 days ago.

Ok what symbols are shown on the display currently?