Kelly
Kelly, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Technician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

We have a Bosch excel 8, cycle stalled no drain or spin

We have a Bosch excel 8, cycle stalled no drain or spin error message E18. Any advice please?
JA: How old is your Bosch appliance?
Customer: 5 years approx
JA: How long has this been going on with your Bosch appliance? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Firs t time seen error message First time I've seen this message, although there have been a few rattling, noises recently.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not sure what to say, stuck with clothes inside and water inside no drain.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hello anybody there?

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is Kelly and I look forward to helping you!

The error message is telling you that the control noticed that it did not drain. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Customer: replied 10 days ago.

In the lower right corner of the front panel is a small access door. Behind that door is a small rubber tube that you can use to drain the water out slowly and, once drained, the filter will unscrew and pull out for cleaning. I suspect you will only need to drain that water and clean the filter to restore operation to your washer. Let me know if you still have trouble once the filter has been cleaned. :)

Please let me know you have received the information you came for, clicking on the star scale to rate your experience with me. It is my goal to give you all the help you need. Please be sure to use the star scale to leave your feedback rating. Thank you!

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Sorry got taken away, have now drained the machine and got the door open so thanks for your help so far.

Excellent! I suspect once the filter has been cleaned you will be back up and running but keep me posted! :)