Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Gas cooker specialist
46681511

We have inherited a leisure rangemaster 110 gas range which

We have inherited a leisure rangemaster 110 gas range which is working perfectly except on the higher oven the gas flows and light but does not burst into life when warmed up like in the lower oven. Can you advise
Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: The serial no. Is 5535 002354 which looks like a 1998 model
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Can't think of anything.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I am happy to wait for an answer to my query, please proceed with your attempts to find the right technician
If you are not getting a high flame then you have a problem with your FSD, can you confirm the flame envelopes the Phil that sits across the flames
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Sorry for delay in getting back. I would say yes the same bits on both ovens are enveloped by flames, but the lower oven bursts into life whilst the right / higher oven does not.
You need a new FSD then.
This us the safety part that allows gas through once it knows it's lit.
It is attached to the pipework near the burner.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thank you for your help, I will get hold of a new flame safety device, and have spoken to a gas engineer who carries out our gas checks and boiler servicing who will fit it for me.
Brilliant.
Come back if you need me again.
Andrew Smith, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Gas cooker specialist
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Will do, many thanks