JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have an evolution200 insinkerator with a batch feed option

Customer Question

I have an evolution200 insinkerator with a batch feed option fitted - when I turn the batch feed plug to turn the insinkerator on I get no response. It is new - fitted by the builder and the electrical supply was connected after the plumber had moved on - any idea what the problem is?
Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: electrical supply was installed this morning
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes if I can - if it is too complicated I’ll get someone to come and do it
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: dont think so
Expert:  JamesI replied 12 days ago.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is James and I will help with your query today.

Have you checked you have power at the newly installed electrical supply, and tested the switch is operational. You may find your missed the fuse which normally fits in the switch

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Electrician fitted the power supply - no reason to doubt supply
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Not at home right now so can’t do anything to solve the problem at the moment
Expert:  JamesI replied 12 days ago.

Ok its worth checking the socket works using a lamp or other portable item when you get home.

Secondly worth checking your using the correct plug as its the magnetic plug which activates the safety feature for it to start when you press the switch.