JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have an under counter freezer which runs noisily. Can you

Customer Question

Hi. I have an under counter freezer which runs noisily. Can you tell me the best setting to run it on. The dial goes 0-5. It frosts up too quickly I think and needs defrosting again.
JA: What's the brand and model of your freezer? How old is it?
Customer: FW282 integrated under counter freezer. About 10 years old
JA: How long has this been going on with your freezer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Dont really know how long but I seem to have to defrost it a lot more regularly these days that's all really
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not that I can think of. I always try to make sure there is something covering the bottom of the drawers when stocks get low
Expert:  JamesI replied 14 days ago.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is James and I will help with your query today.

So your wanting to know what position to set the dial to?

Expert:  JamesI replied 14 days ago.

Please reply using the text box at the bottom, 0 is in effect off and 5 is the coldest setting.

So if its frosting up it suggests you may have it to high typically most users have it set around 3.

Unfortunately there isnt much which can be done in terms of keeping it quiet but once set at the correct temp, the compressor shouldnt come on too often as it should be holding its temp.

Is there anything else I can clarify for you?