JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

My hot point Aquarius tumble dryer keeps switching itself on

My hot point Aquarius tumble dryer keeps switching itself on and playing the three note tune even when it’s not switched on at the front dial! The lights on the front come on and the only way to turn them out is to turn the dial to on and then off again. Have you come across this problem before ?
JA: What happened just before the light on your dryer came on?
Customer: It just plays the three note switch on/off tune. No one has to be anywhere near it.
JA: How long has this been going on with your dryer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It’s been happening about a month but has got more frequent recently. Apart from switching it on and off I haven,t got a clue what else to try.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No - it’s doesnt start tumble drying or anything, it’s usually empty when it happens.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is James and I will help with your query today.

Whats the model number of the dryer, this can be found on the inside of the door

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Tvfs83cgp(uk)

A new interface board can be sourced here for around £80