JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

My dishwasher often trips halfway through its cycle.

my dishwasher often trips halfway through its cycle. yesterday it done it and there was a bit of burned smell but nothing obvious around the plug. something must have burned out as the machine wont turn on at all
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: beko DIN28320
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if its easy enough and economically viableotherwise I just get another machine
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no thats all I guess

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is James and I will help with your query today.

So with it switched on and plugged in there is no sign of life on the control panel?

Most likely you have had a fault on the element previously which was causing the tripping, as this would explain why it was occurring mid cycle (as it doesnt heat the water straight away).

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Hi James, that's right no sign of life at all.

Ok have you checked the fuse in the plug, if not check \ swap it with one used in the kettle.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
sounds good. However will have to be tomorrow as am on way out James.

No problem will await to hear back form you

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
yes that was the first thing I done
I also plugged something else to make sure it wasnt the socket

I have tried to call but there is no answer, do let me know an alternative time to call

If you have power to the socket and the fuse in the plug hasnt blown then its likely either the power switch on the control panel has failed or the main PCB with distributes power across the appliance has failed.

To test this you need to strip down the door and check continuity with a multi meter across the switch.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
sorry i couldnt get to the phone in time. i can answer now if you are ok to call

.

The PCB part can be sourced here.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
sorry James quicj question, did you say this same part could be the cause of it tripping?

Its possible my guess is it was the heater though as it was occurring later into the cycle when the heater would normally kick in.

Taking into account you may have two faults, it may be cheaper to opt for a fixed price repair such as the one here as they cover all parts and labour.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I also forgot to mention that when it tripped there was a burning smell

Thats probably the element so yes think best to opt for a fixed price repair.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
nice one cheers
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Hi James sorry I opened up the PCB and the motherboard is burned so probably that was the smell when it tripped. My last question is, could the PCB be the sole culprit of the previous tripping and hence I dont need to chamge the element?

The fact you can see signs of burning I would say so its 60-40 in favour of the PCB being the sole fault though.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
thanks again