JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

What should I set the temperature at for freezing, not sure

Customer Question

What should I set the temperature at for freezing
JA: What's the brand and model of your appliance? How old is it?
Customer: not sure just bought it from Sue Ryder shop it not very old its a tall upright with seven drawers
JA: How long has this been going on? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I’ve just bought it it was delivered at 12-30 today I’ve left it 8 hours to settle and I’ve just switched it on it had 10 on the clock I pressed the down button once it showed.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: -15 will this be correct to keep food frozen thanks
Expert:  JamesI replied 7 days ago.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is James and I will help with your query today.

Typically freezers are set to below -12 as a minimum but -16 to -18 should be ideal for keeping these deeply frozen.