JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a Servis fridge-freezer (probably quite an old

Hello! I have a Servis fridge-freezer (probably quite an old one...) I think the model number is *****
JA: Who makes your fridge? How old is it?
Customer: The fridge section is no longer cold... any advice? Is it likely to be fixable? ;-)
JA: How long has this been going on with your refrigerator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: At least a coupkd of weeks;
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Have made sure the door is always fully closed, not sure what other action I might take! Is it, do you think, worthwhile calling in an engineer?

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is James and I will help with your query today.

When was the last time the fridge and freezer was fully defrosted?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hi, Not for 3 years or more!

Ok the fridge gets its cold from the freezer, so if the freezer is working good chance is there vent which takes cold air from freezer to fridge is blocked. An 8 hour defrost of both fridge and freezer, solves this type of issue 70% of the time.

Is there anything else I can assist you with?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hi, I would be happy to have a call, but I'm not currently at home, so would perhaps not fully benefit from your advice, as I cannot access the appliance! Would it be better to come onlune again, from home?
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
OK, fabulous, I will ty the defrost: quite obvious to try, if I'd thought about it... That's terrific, cheers.

Please rate the response provided using the star rating at the top of this page and let me know if you need anything further.