KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

Could you tell me what resistance readings I should get

Hi, Could you tell me what resistance readings I should get across he heater terminals of a siemens dishwasher heat pump please. The dishwasher is showing error code E09 (faulty heater element) and I am get open-circuit across all 3 terminals which doesn't seem right. It is a new heat pump (only 6 months old) though so it is hard to believe it has failed already! MAny Thanks
JA: What happened just before your Siemens dishwasher displayed this message?
Customer: Was just running through a normal cycle but when got to end it showed E09 (and hadn't washed dishes properly).
JA: How long has this been going on with your Siemens dishwasher? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Heat pump was replaced in May. Has worked fine since. Have got dishwasher out with access to base and heat pump - no signs of burnt out terminals etc. but when I disconnect the connector to the heater (not the pump) and put a meter across the terminals I get open-circuit indication
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Don't think so....

Welcome to Justanswer … my name is Kevin and I will help you today!

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your appliance; I know that can be frustrating.

Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please ignore the automated phone call request.

If you ask a follow‑up question and I do not respond immediately, it is because I am temporarily unavailable. I promise to respond as soon as I return.

Please provide its complete model number

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hi Kevin. It is a Siemens, E-Number is SN66T091GB/18 and the FD number is 9003

For this error code I am afraid it is always the heater however, after reading your question it can be the control board (as it failed second time in 6 months).

When you test it for resistance, is it open circuit ?

If so then you know its the heat pump at fault here, if it tests OK then its the control board.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Ok. It is definitely open-circuit across the heater terminals. Looks like a warranty claim on the heat pump then!!?

Yes definitely however, depends where you bought it from.

And yes get it replaced, its £117 on Siemens website and spending this amount every 6 months is not recommended.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Was bought from Ransom Spares for £110!!! Thanks for your help.

OK you can call them on: 0333 300 1293 and get it replaced.

If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction,

I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!) at the top of the screen.

If you have any follow-up or clarification questions.

Please ask me as many questions as you need.

There is no additional fee.