Tamar D
Tamar D, Master Tradesman
Experience:  HVAC/Refrigeration & Appliance Tech
17066333

My dishwasher, a Zanussi model ZDT 5052 refuses to start,

My dishwasher, a Zanussi model ZDT 5052 refuses to start, with the Intensive indicator permanently on (not flashing). Is there anything I cna do?
JA: Do you know the model of your Zanussi dishwasher? How old is it?
Customer: Model no. is ZDT 5052, Product no.###-##-#### Serial no. 25190098; Type 911N73-7A, and is about 10 years old
JA: How long has this been going on with your Zanussi dishwasher? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Last time it was used (on Tuesday), the salt warning light came on. So I put salt in and am now planning to use it, but it won't start and, as I said, the 70 light is permanently on, not flashing. I have tried to change the programme, but the buttons don't work, two or three times. I have also opened and closed the door several times ...
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: As far as I know, everything else is OK.
Please read the entire message before responding

Hi there, my name is Tamar, I’ve got over 10 years in the trade and I’ll be glad to help Please disregard any automated phone request or service requests as they are generated by the website. You do not have to accept phone requests unless you want phone service from me Please bear with my responses, actively working on the job site also. I am human but I will do my best to reply ASAP
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi Tamar, thanks, I'll wait!
Hope you are doing well today. Have you tried cycling power to the machine?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Well yes, I did the usual on and off routine a couple of times, even before I contacted Just Answers, and again while waiting, and now it is working OK, I hope!
Good deal, yeah sometimes the control board can get confused and get a “kink” in it as I like to say
It just said 70 right, not e70
If you have other questions feel free to ask.
If you don’t mind, please take a second of your time and find the “rate your expert” option at the top of the page. Rate using the stars on the top left, that way I will be credited for answering you. (hopefully I’ve earned 5 stars)

We can continue to chat after you rate, and you can ask follow up questions free of charge

Thank you and have a blessed day
Tamar